Your Union has filed a number of charges via the Public Employment Relations Board (PERB) Unfair Practice process to protect the rights of IAM members in the City of Long Beach. PERB is the state agency responsible for enforcing the collective bargaining laws covering public employees in California.
These Charges Include:
- Furlough Charge (WON) $4,000,000
- Violation of Union Representational Rights (WON) $3,000
- DOT Medical Exam Charge (In Process)
- Parking Citation Billing Outsourced (In Process)
- Bargaining in Bad Faith (In Process)
- Fire Rapid Medical Deployment (Charge withdrawn after the City was forced to remedy the issue)
The IAM employes the very best legal representation to protect our members’ interests during the PERB process and our track record proves it!
In addition to taking on the City of Long Beach at the PERB level, Your Business Reps have had several recent victories at the grievance level also!
These Victories Include:
- Grievance win regarding premium pay awarded to an IAM member in the Police Department, approximately $5,000 payout!
- Grievance win regarding bilingual pay, with back pay awarded plus appropriate skill pay going forward, for IAM member at the Harbor Department!
- Grievance win, 2 terminations overturned with FULL backpay, benefits, and interest totaling over $100,000! One IAM member at the Police Department and the other at Public Works!
- Grievance win, 1 demotion overturned with approximately $18,000 in backpay, with interest, for an IAM member in the Police Department.
WHEN WE FIGHT TOGETHER – WE WIN!