In case you missed it here is a clip of our Chief Negotiator Richard Suarez giving the Mayor, City Council, and City management and the community at large, some simple facts and figures related to our contract negotiation. His brief yet impactful comments softened them up and our esteemed Pat Mangum (Shop Steward/Negotiator) knocked them down with her impassioned talk of how much the City is paying for the law firm hired to handle our Negotiations. So much in fact that they removed the agenda item which was seeking to give the law firm another $200,000 to the later part of the meeting. But when it came up Al Austin amended it to only $75,000 with a stipulation that it needs to be dealt with. Great job Richard and Pat! This is giving us a lot of momentum going in to next week’s big rally on the 14th!
- Shop Steward Training for Districts 725 and 947 Click A Picture To Start Slide Show
- District 947 Machinists Joining 2nd District Councilmember Jeannine Pearce In Neighborhood Community Clean Up
- DL 947 & LL 1930 Martin Luther King Parade in Long Beach
- District 947 Newsletter December 2016
- Machinists Union Responds to Election of Donald Trump
Long Beach Negotiations Hotline
1-562-427-8900 OPTION 3